Element Encyclopedia of Secret Signs and Symbols
Please select all options.
The biggest A-Z reference book on symbolic objects you'll ever find.
Unlock the lost and hidden meanings of the world's ancient and modern signs and symbols with the latest in the hugely popular series of 'Element Encyclopedias'.
The latest in the popular series of 'Element Encyclopedias', this is the largest, most definitive guide to the secret and ancient knowledge of signs and symbols, some of which has been lost over thousands of years.
• Why is the eye believed to be a powerful symbol of protection by fishermen?
• Why do Masonic Temples have a black and white chequered floor covering?
• Why do Hindus use coloured rice powder to draw elaborate symbols in front of their homes, only to have these patterns destroyed every day by footprints?
• What are the hidden meanings behind the symbols on the American dollar?
• What is the most important symbol in the World?
Divided into easy-to-follow A-Z themed sections, the book answers all these questions and more, from sections on Magic and Mystery, Deities and Rituals, the Animal and Plant Kingdom, Landscape and the Elements, to Food and Sacred Geometry.
Find out about the secret Demonic alphabet and Script of the Magi, the Glastonbury Zodiac, the Masonic Compass, the Eye of Horus, Native American hunting symbols, the Caduceus and the Indian Diwali ritual.
Element Encyclopedia of Secret Signs and Symbols is a fascinating compendium of the hidden meanings behind the most important visual symbols in the world.
- Author: Adele Nozedar
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 576 pp.
- ISBN: 9780007298969
- Dimensions: 13.5 x 3 x 21 cm